Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Gettin' Old

Yeah, pretty sure I’m getting old. I remember those halcyon days when I was busy failing out of college I would stay up until… well, basically, tomorrow. When I was a wee lad at my grandparent’s on the weekend I’d regularly be bumping around until 5am watching those sweet Sammy Terry movies on Channel 4. Damn, those were some horrible movies but at 3 in the morning everything seems better.

Why, you might ask, am I bringing this up? Well you see I have to stay up tonight. Yeah, horribly late. For my job. Yeah, it’s for my job. It’s one of those things us snazzy computer types have to do from time to time. Okay, honestly, it’s not that late. It’s like 2 in the morning at the absolute maximum. The thing is though that my mind has been absolutely racing to come up with some way to keep myself up. Yes, I know, it’s idiotic that a grown man who used to spend days at college just not going to bed at all for no good reason now has to make an effort to keep himself up past midnight.

So what the hell happened? Is my life just that much more boring? Perhaps I need neighbors who will ‘pump up the jams’ until all hours. I’m betting I can get my father-in-law next door to crank up a little Cat Stevens until at least 9. If you can’t stay awake to ‘Moon Shadow’ then you’re deaf. Anyway, doing great, only 6 hours to go and I can still feel my fingers enough to type!

Current Novel: “Carry Me Down”, M.J. Hyland [45/334]

Periodic Robism: Since God did not exist, it was necessary for Man to create him and having once created him, it was necessary to deny his existence.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Huh. Now there's one thing I thought telecommuting might spare you from. Guess not. But then again, here it is almost midnight on a Sunday and I'm on the VPN restoring my DB to kick off another test run...

Trebor Nevals said...

Well see, it doesn't spare you but it does make the process a lot more pleasant. Rather than going in to work extra super late I'm heading upstairs after bathtime for the girls to work extra super late. All in all, not that bad.