Monday, June 12, 2006

Random Photos

Over the years I regret that I haven’t taken more pictures of the silly mundane things in my life. Sure we have pictures of the kids and each other but we’ve still got all those things so I can reference them pretty easily. What I don’t remember is how the upstairs looked before the grand book purge of ought-four or what the living room looked like before we got rid of the purple couch. So for today’s blog posting, you get to see some random crap from my life. Aren’t you lucky! Click on any of the photos to see your luckiness more close up!

Yeah, here's the "wall o' lilies"... amazing to think that a dozen clearance bulbs plus 7 years of fertilizer equals 15 feet by 2 feet of really ugly lillies. This photo looks like crap on my computer; I'm not sure if it's the camera or the my monitor that gives up on showing that much orange...


Really should mow the yard before I take next year's photos...

Note to self... move that stupid chair next time...

I'm almost giddy... as you can see in the foreground, it's almost Hibiscus time again. Somebody really needs to come up with a species of lilac that blooms for more than a couple weeks though.


Sadly, the Peonies are far past their prime. Stupid ideas coming after the petals are all off...

More lillies. Too bad they're not a more appropriate color. Perhaps they can be painted...

My primary gardening problem is a crappy memory. I *thought* I remembered these stupid vines being called Hollyhocks in the store. They sure don't look like any Hollyhocks I can find online. Damn my recollection. Well, it's green and it grows. What more can one ask really?

Alright, so that's the back of the house, the 'experimental' landscaping as I refer to it. Another 200 landscaping bricks and I can start on the real stuff. Anyway, my marriage contract says I get to decorate the outside of the house and the upstairs. Not, of course, that the upstairs differs in any significant way from the decor of the rest of the house...

I've done the landing in Early American Witchdoctor...

A landing isn't a landing without a cricket bat and ball and an immense dragon vase.

And of course you have to have at least three Vishnu's and a Buddha. Need some incredibly useless Rob trivia? The two books on the shelf:

* Darwin's Descent of Man, late 19th century edition.
* Granville's Integral and Differential Calculus, mid 40s.

1 comment:

Trebor Nevals said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you started this random pictures thing in some blog post long ago. I oughtta make it a point to take a picture of one mundane thing a day. That'll bulk up the 'ole blog. Yeah, see, you have pictures. I ain't got squat from Tivoli, SAI, whatever. And now I wish I had. Funny how true this all obviously is after the fact...

Rock... yeah, big piece of pink granite. Nicest rock we've got actually.

Mask... that's from Myrtle Beach... unknown origin, just a cool and happy looking mask from some 'unique' shop. They were right though. As far as the Beach was concerned, it was pretty unique.