Wednesday, April 21, 2004

A few story ideas

First, a few story ideas before I forget.I've always had this fear of waking up in a hospital bed after having been in a coma. Specifically, I imagine myself waking up to find my wife standing over my hospital bed. Upon further questioning in my raved imagining, I find that it’s not in fact my wife but my 5-year-old daughter grown to adulthood. I’m sure this has been done as a story a dozen times or more but thinking about it sure scares the willies out of me.On a more pleasant note, I’ve always wanted to be able to trade consciousnesses with people I see on the street. This lends itself to a nice twilight zone type short story but one that I’m sure has been done a million times before. This has a special appeal to me since I remember spending much of my childhood wishing I could trades places with someone, anyone at all, just to cut short dullness of my pathetically sad existence.

No comments: