Sunday, July 17, 2011

Storyboard - The Celery Bog 7/14/11

I will have to say that the celery bog in West Lafayette Indiana was one of the most prolific photo locations I've been to in a long time. To this point....


The bees were absolutely fruitful beyond reason.

From 2011-07-14

I have trouble with movement in nature. The apparent motion of this bee's wings both makes me happy and sad. I know, however, that if I'd managed to set the shutter to catch this fully that it would have looked like any other still photo.

From

This one makes me wonder.... which was yellow first? The bee or the flower? Either way, intense color.

From

It's not clear to me what the relationship is between the ants and the aphids here.

From

Spring is the season when young minds turn to...

From 2011-07-14

This is one of my favorites. It's so simple yet so filled with potential. No clue what this will hatch into, but I love the picture in its contrast and its symbolism.

From

The contrasts here are marvelous.
From

One of my favorite photos ever. Nature is amazing in that it provides that long, slender proboscis so that the butterfly can seek out the deepest bits of sweetness from the flower. Amazing.

From

Oh, those eyes.

From

This is a pretty standard photographer's shot, but I still love the contrasts here.

From

Another of nature's marvels. The monarch larvae is provided with two heads complete with antennae to confuse potential predators.

From

2 comments:

Juli said...

Fabulous pictures!

Truely amazing. :)

Trebor Nevals said...

Thanks, Julianna!