Sunday, January 28, 2007

Latest Projects & Contest with a Prize!

Since I know that you're all just on the edge of your collective seat to know what I've done in the woodshop lately I'll tell you.

I went out and spent a bit of that leftover cash on a scroll saw. Even at $250 it was a dern fine investment in my opinion. I carved someone's name out of a 2x6 in traditional 'Robert Indiana' style:



And made someone else a traditional old-timey toolbox. Considering her age isn't exactly compatible with tools per se I instead cut her a few letters to go in it:



Of all the projects I've done, I have to say that I'm the most satisfied with this one. The design was arrived at in my standard typical meandering style and ended up as a viable and useful finished product. Beyond that, the wood was all just leftover scrap from the shop so it was basically free (give or take a few broken saw blades.)

Oh, I promised a contest. I made a number of extra letters for various reasons (3 Ds so she could spell Daddy, 4 Es so she can spell her own full name, etc). So the contest is a simple one. The person who comes up with the best English phrase or sentence to use as many of these letters as possible will win a SIGnificant prize! So here they are, go at it:

A - 3
B - 1
C - 1
D - 3
E - 4
F - 1
G - 2
H - 1
I - 2
J - 1
K - 1
L - 3
M - 3
N - 2
O - 3
P - 2
Q - 1
R - 1
S - 3
T - 3
U - 2
V - 1
W - 1
X - 1
Y - 1
Z - 1

2 comments:

exclue said...

Ok. I had this:

Quick brown fox jumps ill lazy dogs and gave them pet meds.

But that left an extra "T" and some bad verb tensing.

I changed it around for:
Quick brown fox jumps tall lazy dogs and gives them pet med.

Which is perhaps closer to English, uses the "t", but I'm not sure why the fox is giving tall dogs medicine. Still, I think it's a sentence?

Trebor Nevals said...

Yeah, I was hoping that it'd somehow result in some great philosophical truth but that certainly counts.